Saturday, April 23, 2011

I am fired and I don't give a crap. BRING IT ON.

Well I was just reading some emails from my friends about work load, change in management, pressure, change in vision etc... @ their work and how they are dealing with it. Most of them are trying to compromise, ley down, kiss ass, go along to get along, hide their real perception, and avoid the situation.
Well this reminds me a scene from 3idiots were Raju Rastogi goes in a campus interview after the suicide attempt and he says 'yeh attitude bhot ko kai aaya hai'. And I guess that is what we need to do. We are afraid of so many things that we loose our real selves.
Even I want to start my business and my wife's demand of flat, comfort, luxury, jewellery etc. and my mom's expectations against the family/friend/society are huge and pulling me down. I am also afraid to put the foot down and go on a ride. Most of us have financial, health, family, knowledge obligations and that holds us back.
In case of jobs - we have to change the approach. I have successfully tried this in recent times and am happy for it(attitude). I have told my self that - YEH!!!! I AM GOOD AND DOING MY JOB HONESTLY AND EFFICIENTLY. THE COMPANY NEEDS MY KNOWLEDGE, MY EXPERIENCE, AND SERVICE. IF THEY FIRE ME I WILL GET SOME OTHER JOB WITH BETTER PACKAGE AND THEY WILL BE AT A LOSS. THERE ARE LOTS OF OPENING FOR GOOD PEOPLE IN THE MARKET AND I AM NOT THE STUPID ONE WHO WON'T GET THE JOB. AND WORST SCENARIO IF NO ONE HIRES ME I WILL CREATE OPPORTUNITY FOR MY SELVES AND CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING. My family, friends, liking, hobbies, are equally important in my life as compared to the job. I will and want to work but at reasonable cost. I am open with my attitude within the family and company. Anything which won't compromise my basic criteria is fine. Thus this also reminds me of another scene from Karthik calling Karthik movie where Faran Akhtar goes back to his office after getting fired and makes his Boss realize - as how important he is for the company.
Overall one needs to be honest with themselves and take chances. Being a sales person and a fan of Rocket Singh movie I can't miss this quote - Risk to Spiderman ko be lena padta hai me to fir bhi inshaan/salesman hu ;)
In recent times, I am doing fine with the job and my overall attitude towards it. Now its my turn to take the similar approach towards the business. I am calculative and trying to work around it - lets hope that I kick the fears and fight for my better future.

1 comment:

  1. wo wo wo ....... wow man that's really Ossum...

    Cant descirbe how i am feeling now but this one is no less than the Coca cola CEO speech.....

    You know this is why we call you the MD....

    And ya you are right about the fear part.. Unfortunately it is so difficult to over come our fears .... in all aspects of our lives. However it takes a huge transformation/shock as in case of 3 idiots most of the time to find yourself or get above the fears... Have not seen the other 2 movies :-(.

    I have always believed that you have great potential, energy, creative ideas and skills to become a successful entrepreneur... Its just about finding the right idea to commit on out of so many ideas that you have :-).

    I will pray and hope that you get the best for you in life that you so truly deserve.

    Best of luck

    Marmik

    ReplyDelete